I’ve had this eyeshadow palette for a few months now. I don’t reach for it much because I have other eyeshadows I’m actively trying to pan, but this is a wonderful (and cheap!) set of eyeshadows. I absolutely adore the bottom right shade; it’s stunning on the eye and fun to work with. I don’t apply these without primer or without NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Milk or Black Bean, so I’m not completely sure how they would work on a completely bare eye. I also always use a matte base shade and crease shade, so I’ve never solely used this palette (which, to me, is it’s only downside.) On my arm I put a line of Wet n Wild PhotoFocus Eyeshadow primer, a line of NYX Milk and then NYX Black Bean. I also have a swatched onto my bare skin for comparison. I went with the left side first, then the right side.
^Palette without flash^
^Palette with flash^
^Swatches without flash^
^Swatches with flash^
I used Temptalia’s website to help me describe the shades because I’m straight up garbage when it comes to that. Her descriptions of the shades are in parentheses; everything else is my opinion.
- The left side browbone shade (warm beige with a soft, frosted finish) is very usable on my skintone; it’s great for a subtle eye highlight. It blends well with the other colors as well.
- The left side eyelid (rosy copper with a frost finish) really only looks good when using NYX Milk as a base. I don’t use this shade very often, but I have no complaints with blendability or pigment.
- The left crease shade (warm, medium-dark golden brown with a pearly sheen) is decent, but also not a shade I use very often. I wouldn’t use it in the crease only because I struggle using anything other than matte eyeshadow in my crease.
- The left side definer shade (dark, burgundy and copper shimmered brown with subtle red undertones) looks just like the right side crease shade when applied to my eyes. I only use it very lightly on the outer v of my eye, and even then I’m not crazy about it.
- The right side browbone (pale, dirty gray-pewter with a white, frosted sheen) is just as good as the left side one, and works with mostly any eye look I do.
- I really like the right side eyelid shade (subdued, springy green with a golden sheen). It looks great over any base I use, and is super fun to work with. It’s my second favorite to use from this palette, besides the right side definer shade.
- The right side crease shade (charcoal brown with a pearly sheen) looks like a cooler version of the left side crease. I use it for the same thing as that one.
- The right side definer shade (red-brown with a teal duochrome and frosted finish) is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever, and it POPS when on top of both NYX Milk and Black Bean. It performs decently on just primer, but whenever I seem to wear it I want it to be the star of the show. It really loses its “wow factor” without any primers.
Final thoughts: I would repurchase this palette 1000x just to get that right side definer shade. It’s fun to work with and pretty inspiring, and that price can’t be beat.